Hesperidin methyl chalcone is a citrus bioflavonoid. extracted from the peel of sweet oranges, it has anti-oxidant properties. It is used in eye care preparations for reducing the appearance of dark circles.
1. Methyl hesperidin has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, hypolipidemic, vasoprotective and anticarcinogenic and cholesterol lowering actions.
2. Methyl hesperidin can inhibit following enzymes: Phospholipase A2, lipoxygenase, HMG-CoA reductase and cyclo-oxygenase.
3. Methyl hesperidins improve the health of capillaries by reducing the capillary permeability.
4. Methyl hesperidin is used to reduce hay fever and other allergic conditions by inhibiting the release of histamine from mast cells. The possible anti-cancer activity of hesperidin could be explained by the inhibition of polyamine synthesis.
1. As a natural antioxidant, it is mainly used in cosmetic industry.
2. As a natural antioxidant, it is widely used in health product and food industry.
3. As raw materials of drugs for lowering cholesterol, anti-virus and anti-inflammatory, it is mainly used in pharmaceutical field.